The 5th Portfolio Review aims to bridge the distance between photographers, curators, critics and editors who are based in different continents around the world. Photographers will meet the reviewers of their choice one-on-one for discussion, advice and guidance on their existing works and career development.
Each participant can meet up to five or eight reviewers of their choice over three days. Each individual review session is 20 minutes long. Participants will be selected based on their submitted portfolios.
For the first time in the history of SIPF’s Portfolio Review sessions, one portfolio will be chosen by the panel of reviewers to be presented with the CAPA Prize for Best Portfolio. The winner will be awarded a cash prize of SGD$2,000 and have his/her portfolio featured on CAPA Asia, the best-selling magazine on photo and camera in Japan.
The prize will be presented on 9 October (Sunday), at the final session of the Evening Presentation.
Limited to 40 participants
How to Register
- Go to DECK’s Shop to make payment for the Portfolio Review: register for 5 sessions / 8 sessions.
- To book your appointments, fill in the Application Form (download Application Form) and email it to email@example.com by 25 Sep.
- Participants will receive their schedule by 30 Sep.
- Appointment bookings are on a first come, first serve basis. Modifications to the schedule must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 Sep and are subjected to the availability of reviewer(s).
- Li Hui Bao (CN) Director of the Dali International Photography Festival
- Daniel Boetker-Smith (AU) Director of the Asia-Pacific Photobook Archive & Course Director at Photography Studies College Melbourn
- Huang Yunhe (CN) Director of OFOTO Gallery and ANART
- Gwen Lee (SG) Director of the Singapore International Photography Festival
- Wei-I Lee (Taiwan) Editor-in-Chief of Voices of Photography magazine
- Melanie Pocock (SG) Assistant Curator, Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore
- Kazuko Sekiji (JP) Curator at the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography
- Jae-Hyun Seok (KR) Photographer, professor and curator
- Chao-Liang Shen (TW) Photographer and independent curator
- Makoto Shibata (JP) Photo journalist, Editor, and Web Director of CAPAasia
- Gerhard Steidl (DE) Publisher
- Ingo Taubhorn (DE) Curator at the House of Photography/Deichtorhallen Hamburg